Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
½ cup flour
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon salt
2 pounds chicken winglets and drumlets
Oil for frying, enough to fill the pan with ¼ inch of oil
Honey Garlic Sauce
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon garlic
1 tablespoon ginger
½ cup soy sauce
5 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1. Mix flour, garlic powder, pepper, and salt in a small bowl. Coat each chicken wing with a generous layer of the flour mixture.
2. Pour ¼ inch of oil into a shallow pan, and bring it to a medium high heat.
3. In small batches, fry the chicken wings for 4 minutes on each side. Remove from the oil and let rest on a paper towel.
4. Over medium-high heat, melt the butter and add the garlic and ginger.
5. Add soy sauce, honey, and brown sugar to pan and reduce for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Add the fried wings directly into the sauce pan and stir until the wings are covered in the sauce, then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
7. Serve with scallions on top & enjoy!
Music provided by Audio Network. Used with permission.