Check out the Tasty One-Stop Shop for cookbooks, aprons, hats, and more at TastyShop.com: http://bit.ly/2mEBY0e
Here is what you’ll need!
EGG-IN-A-HOLE SWEET POTATO NESTS
1 large sweet potato
1 medium yellow onion
1½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
3 tablespoons flour
3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Peel the skin off the sweet potato, and coarsely grate on a box grater.
2. Peel the onion, and coarsely grate on a box grater.
3. Transfer the grated sweet potato and onion to a towel-lined bowl.
4. Gently twist the towel, squeezing the liquid into an empty bowl and discard.
5. Transfer the sweet potato and onion to a bowl, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder, flour, and 1 egg. Gently stir to combine.
6. Form large flat patties with your hands, approximately ⅓ cup of mixture each.
7. Heat a large pan on medium heat and coat with oil.
8. Add the sweet potato patties. Fry for 2-3 minutes, then gently flip.
9. Immediately use a small cookie cutter to remove a hole in the middle of each fritter.
10. Crack an egg in the hole, add a pinch of salt and pepper, then cover.
11. Fry for 3-7 minutes, or until cooked to your preference.
12. Uncover and serve with desired garnishes.
Inspired by: https://eatthegains.com/spiralized-sweet-potato-egg-in-a-hole/
Check us out on Facebook! – facebook.com/buzzfeedtasty
Licensed via Audio Network